What is Global Citizen?
Global Citizen is a movement of citizens across the world using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030.
Over the past couple of months Global Citizens such as myself have been hard at work to raise awareness and demand for change. A large number of attendees actually earned their tickets through the Global Citizen app. We earned them through charitable acts such as:
– Signing petitions calling on heads of state to address global issues such as climate change, access to health care and sanitation
– Sending out tweets to spread awareness
This was the first time the festival would be held in South Africa: heads of state, dignitaries, and artists from across the were gathered there. This includes:
– Daily Show Host, Trevor Noah who is the host for the day
– Rwandan President Paul Kagame
– Bonang Matheba
– American Media Mogul Oprah Winfrey
– And of course: BEYONCÉ and JAY Z
Take action and become a Global Citizen – https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/
Thank for watching if you did !
my instagram : @mandiiisa