- Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Please tell us a bit about yourself and what you do currently…
I’m a published author. My first novel, “Her Brave Journey” releases on May 1st, 2021.
I wrote a Women’s Fiction that discusses sensitive topics such as bullying, racism, domestic abuse, divorce, and religion/spirituality.
- Take a moment to close your eyes. Where do ideally you see yourself in 5 year’s time?
1) It would be a dream to be a Best New York Times Best Selling Author
2) My novel has been turned into a television/Netflix series or movie
3) Traveling the world attending book tours and speaking engagements
- What has been your biggest achievement so far?
Publishing my first book has been my accomplishment so far. Writing a manuscript is challenging enough as it is, but in addition to that, editing, rewriting, then finally landing a book deal with a trusted publisher is all a very time-consuming and tough process.
On top of that, you have to make sure you’re constantly promoting the book to keep up the sales so there are many layers to being an author. It’s an endless process but I’m having fun with it.
- What do you have planned for this year?
From now until the rest of this year, I will be promoting “Her Brave Journey.” Some specific things I have planned include podcast interviews, radio station interviews, Instagram Live interviews, magazine interviews, book club meetings, non-profit meetings and volunteer work, just to name some items.
- Who are the top 3 celebrities/artists you’d love to work with? And why?
I would love to work with any celebrities!
- Who or what is your greatest love?
Apart from family and friends, I love traveling and writing.
- What book do you recommend most to others?
“Her Brave Journey.” This book has a powerful message about recognizing your own courage and letting go resentment.
- If you could get the perfect help from an online tax return service, what would they do for you?
They would keep track of all of my paperwork and administrative things. They’d find ways on how I can owe less tax and save more money.
- Can you give our readers 2 key tips for staying creative?
1) Practice the creative space you want to be in. For example, if writing or dancing is your creativity, then you need practice writing and dancing to become better at it.
2) Shadow someone who is already in that creative space. If you don’t know anyone, then either watch Youtube.com videos OR study the craft through professional training.
- Where is your happy place?
I always visualize my ‘happy place’ as standing on stage talking to the audience as a motivational speaker. It would be a dream to be a Ted Talk speaker or something equivalent to that.
Another happy place is traveling whether that’s being at the airport or on the plane, I just love being part of the hustle and bustle and always being ‘on the go’. I can’t stand still in one place. It makes me happy always being on the move.
- If you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring 3 things what would they be?
My migraine medicine, cell phone, water
- How do you describe yourself in 5 words?
Compassionate, loving, empathetic, guarded, hard-to-read (others have told me this!)
- Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me! Where can we find and follow you online?
1) Author Website
*Get your own expert interview here: https://taxtwerk.com/advertise
See more of our expert interviews here:
- Spotlight Interview: Wealth & Financial Expert Leonie Fitzgerald
- Artist Interview: 56 and Fabulous MC Lady Z the Female Rapper
- Expert Interview: Roman Zanoni Scaled His Business to Seven Figures
- Spotlight Interview: Social Media Marketing Expert Geniene Lane!
- Interview: Julie, Mom of Two & Network Marketing Expert! @Syl_julekalungi
- Spotlight Interview: Mental Health Champion and Business Development Expert Sandeep